Find out how to protect yourself from being injured in a fall, a leading cause of death among seniors.
An aging body means that while a fall in your 40s may result in a non-injury, the outcome can be far more severe in your 70s or 80s. Falls are a leading cause of death among seniors, in fact. But falls can often be prevented. This workshop is designed to help reduce participants’ fear of falling and encourage increased activity levels to improve balance and stability. It will focus on:
- The importance of an exercise routine
- The importance of speaking up and being assertive
- A review of medications, hearing, and vision issues
- Positive interactions with healthcare providers and family
- Home modifications to make the environment safer