We understand that having a loved one in a nursing home can be very unsettling at this time. A recent article by AARP lists the six questions to keep top of mind when it comes to the health and safety of your loved ones.
Here are some of the questions to keep top of mind:
- Has anyone in the nursing home tested positive for COVID-19?
- What is the nursing home doing to prevent infections?
- Does nursing home staff have the personal protective equipment (PPE) – like masks, face shields, gowns, gloves – needed to keep themselves and residents safe?
- How is the nursing home helping residents stay connected with their families or other loved ones during this time?
- What is the plan for the nursing home to communicate important information to both residents and families on a regular basis?
- Is the nursing home currently at full staffing levels for nurses, aides, and other workers?
Read the full article here: “Is your loved one in a nursing home? 6 Questions you need to ask.”
Read the most recent updates regarding COVID-19 in Connecticut here: portal.ct.gov/coronavirus