We know that caregivers work hard to keep their loved ones safe and healthy. Often times, being a loved one’s caregiver requires a lot of planning and simplifying the logistics in everyday tasks. We are happy to share the tips and hacks by AARP that caregivers can implement to help their loved ones – and themselves!
- Make Everyday Reminders: Write down daily reminders, upcoming appointments, and other essential notes on sticky notes and place them strategically around the house, such as bathroom mirrors or on the refrigerator.
- Easy Closet Organization: Organize your loved ones closet by outfit, making it easy to grab in the mornings and pre-select the clothes that match for stress free mornings.
- No Slip Grips: An easy way to add non-slip grip to common household items is by adding rubber bands around the item, such as cups or glass items.
- Streamline Grocery Shopping: Any time you’re grocery shopping, bring a cooler or insulated bag with you so you can purchase your own groceries and groceries for your loved ones at the same time and store them for longer periods of time if necessary.
- Quick Bed Sheet Change: Create layers when making the bed in case of accidents. Include waterproof mattress pads between layers of fitted sheets so that it is easy to take off dirty or soiled sheets with fresh sheets ready underneath, without having to remake the bed.
For all the tips and hacks by AARP, visit: www.aarp.org/caregiving/tips-hacks
For more, visit the Family Caregiving page on AARP.
For decades, heart disease has been the leading cause of death for individuals in the United States. According to the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, one person dies every 36 seconds from cardiovascular disease in the…
The COVID-19 vaccine is currently available in Connecticut for healthcare personnel, long-term care facility residents, medical first responders, and individuals 65 and older. Starting March 1st, eligibility will expand to teachers, school staff, child care providers, and individuals ages 55…