Pride Month takes place during the month of June and is dedicated to recognizing and supporting LGBTQ voices. This nationwide celebration of members and allies of the LGBTQ community brings us all together through parades, performances, and memorials in recognizing the progress and accomplishments of the LGBTQ movement and reminds us that “love is love.” Take a look at local and nationwide events, resources, and ways to get involved in this year’s Pride Month!
SAGE: ADVOCACY & SERVICES FOR LGBT ELDERS
SAGE is a national organization that provides support and resources to LGBT older people and their caregivers. Along with advocating for public policy changes for LGBT elders, SAGE also provides education and technical assistance for the community through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging. During this year’s Pride Month, SAGE will celebrate the strength of the LGBT community by hosting a series of celebratory events and virtual wellness programs that will create a safe space for elders, community members, and allies. Take a look at upcoming SAGE events and programs below.
Upcoming SAGE Events:
- Can’t Cancel Pride: Friday, June 4 @ 9 pm ET | iHeartRadio and P&G are excited to bring you Can’t Cancel Pride – a celebration to raise visibility and funds for the LGBTQ+ community. Elvis Duran and BeBe Rexha will host the biggest names in culture and entertainment for the ultimate Pride Party!
- CHIC: Thursday, June 10 @ 6 pm ET | To honor Pride month, we will come together to illuminate and celebrate the history of lesbian spaces through the lens of New York City nightlife, the lesbian/female-identifying social scene, and SAGE’s own women’s dance. Guest speakers will share their personal stories of the clubs in the 60s and 70s through the popular emerging LGBT parties of today.
- New Jersey Symphony Orchestra Virtual Event: Thursday, June 17 @ 7 pm ET | Tune in to chat with the musicians of the New Jersey Symphony and hear them play! Registration coming soon
- Take Pride in Elder Justice: Monday, June 21 @ 2 pm ET | Join SAGE and National Center on Elder Abuse for an informative webinar on elder justice and how you can get involved. Registration coming soon!
- View all SAGE events happening in Pride Month 2021!
LGBT Moveable Senior Center
Adults and allies of the LGBT Community throughout CT are invited to join the LGBT Moveable Senior Center (MSC). The MSC is a partnership among Senior Centers to provide a welcoming pathway for LGBT older adults to Senior Center programs and services. Programs focus on health, social connections and engagement of LGBT older adults. Offered VIRTUALLY and hopefully soon in person too! Click here to learn more.
Connecticut’s First LGBTQ+ Survey
The first statewide LGBTQ+ Survey recently launched in Connecticut, created by LGBTQ+ Health and Human Services Network (“The Network”) in collaboration with the Connecticut Department of Public Health Office of Health Equity.The statewide LGBTQ+ Survey aims to enhance the understanding of the number of people that identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community in Connecticut, and identify the needs of the LGBTQ+ Community in Connecticut. If you are a member of the LGBTQ+ community, take the survey here!
- Connecticut’s LGBT Resources for Older Adults
- Age Well CT Resources for LGBT Older Adults
- SAGE Resources
- SAGE LGBT Elder Hotline – 877-360-LGBT (5428)