The start of a new season often brings a new perspective! With spring on its way, now is a great time to get motivated and try something new. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to try a new hobby, or learn more about a topic of interest through an online course or an informative lecture.
We encourage you to try something new this spring and see what peaks your interest, the possibilities are endless!
Taking on a new hobby is not only fun, but fulfilling! It may take some trial and error for you to find the right fit for you, but you’ll be glad you did. To get yourself started, take a look at this guide: The Ultimate Hobby Guide: 50 Hobbies for Seniors.
Here are virtual events across Connecticut to which you can tune in for free:
- Decluttering and Downsizing – March 23, 2021 @ 2:30pm
- Wadsworth Atheneum Virtual Tour Series: European Artists – March 24, 2021
- Make Your Money Work for You in 2021: A Conversation with Jean Chatzky – March 26, 2021
- Celebrate National Nutrition Month – Personalize Your Plate – March 31, 2021
- Welcome to Medicare – April 7, 2021 @ 3:00pm
- Virtual Wellness Series: Managing Stress & Anxiety – April 7, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Online courses are self-paced and take a deep dive into a topic of your interest! Take a look at where to access free online courses:
- Coursera – Coursera works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, certifications, and degrees in a variety of subjects. Learn more at www.coursera.org/browse.
- edX – edX offers the highest quality online courses from institutions who share our commitment to excellence in teaching and learning. View their offerings at www.edx.org/search.
- Harvard University – Harvard University is offering a set of free online courses available to you! Take a look at what peaks your interest and sign up for a course at: online-learning.harvard.edu/catalog/free
- Open Culture lists the top 1,500 Free Online Courses from Top Universities. Learn more at www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses.
OUR LOCAL SENIOR CENTERS
To get inspiration and find interesting virtual events being offered by our local senior centers, visit the Age Well CT Events Calendar.